Saturday, May 13, 2006

Scheduling

There's a lot of talk and speculation about where S60 is going to be placed on NBC's schedule. We know that it's only a possibility for the 9 and 10 slots Monday through Thursday due to specifics negotiated in Sorkin's contract for the show. The revelation should be made at NBC's Upfront on Monday, but the current biggest speculation is that it will be A) Be on Monday nights at 9, paired with the new Black Donnellys and possibly up against powerhouse Grey's Anatomy (which sadly shall be taking the delightful Ms. Debora Cahn) which might be moved from it's 10 spot on Sundays. The other rumor is that ER will be moved from it's longstanding Thursday-night-10,-9-central slot it's held since 1994, due to slowly lowering ratings and the knowledge that the show just doesn't have much life left in it.

Smaller rumors exist that it might take up residence on Tuesdays against House or on Wednesday's in The West Wing's old 9/8 central spot. At any rate, we ought to know by Monday.

Personally, I'd like to see any of those days. I don't want it up against Greys' because although S60 will obviously be better Grey's is currently among the most watched dramas on right now, that said the idea of it on Monday doesn't sound so bad. Thursday might be good (even though I think S60's a 9:00 show and not a 10:00 one) as might Wednesday what with Lost losing stream. Thoughts on where you'd like it?

Comments:
Wednesday at 9 I think is OK for the first half of the season when there is no American Idol but once thats on its screwed. Is Debra Cahn really going to Grey's??? That REALLY sucks. And Monday at 9 might be too much with CBS comedy hour and possibly Grey's. Thursday at 10 i dont love because I watch W/o A trace but thats expendable!! Thursday at 9 isnt horrible. They should move the comedy hour to Thursday! STudio 60 would be horrible for 10:00. Sorkin should had specified 8 or 9. STudio 60 is totally not a 10:00 show.
 
Don't go with the Lost slot. That thing still brings in the ratings.
 
Don't do the Lost slot. That guy still brings in the ratings.
 
House is one of the smartest shows on TV right now, and I would think that much of the House crowd is the kind of viewers Studio 60 would want too. I honestly couln't tell you that I would give up House entirely for Studio 60, no matter how great my love for Sorkin. hmm...
 
I'd like Thursdays at 10:00. I could see it gaining popularity as ER did when it started. It's been around for over 10 years, and I'd love S60 to be around that long as well.
 
I heard through many a grapevine that it is going to be Thursday at 10:00. That info came from a good source, however, as of now it is still just a rumor.
 
I'd personally like to see it either at Wednesday at 9, or Thursday at 10. Both are pretty decent slots, and while Lost still has high ratings, it's prime for stealing viewers away. I don't watch it myself, but friends of mine who do aren't nearly as interested this season as last.

Monday at 9 would be difficult, with possibly Grey's, but we can't forget 24, either.
 
I hope it doesn't go up against House because I'm kind of getting into the show (it's hard because I started watching in the UK and have little concept of what's going on here in the States) and I'd hate to have to give one up over the other...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?