Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Sorkin's sidekick on S60?


Joshua Malina is probably the luckiest actor in Hollywood. Not because he doesn't deserve the roles he gets, he does. But he has the unique distinction of being in every play, movie or television show Aaron Sorkin has ever written. Ever. He's probably most famous for his role of Will Bailey, current Communications Director on the West Wing, a role he's played since 2002 but he's also noteworthy for his role of Jeremy Goodwin on Sorkin's first TV show, Sports Night.

Specializing in playing lovable dorks Malina may well bring his talents to Studio 60, as it is heavilly rumored that he's going to be joining the show not long after the first episode. Thoughts on Malina? Feel like this is either A) neopotism or B) Too many Wingers? Please share.

Comments:
I've recently been re-watching the episodes of "Sports Night" and I think I forgot until now how Joshua Malina is actually a really good actor. I like him so much in all his roles that I sometimes fear I'm just going to want him around because he's always been around but he can deliver a line like a pro. I say, more Malina.
 
I agree with aarika... he's perfect for Sorkin's dialogue, in a very Bradley Whitford-esque way. He's great to watch. Bring him on. Another question would have to be this: why is it that all characters that Malina plays come in after whatever organization the show is about has already started? I dunno, I'm tired.
 
I think it's because Malina's really good at playing characters who don't quiiiiite fit in, and I think being a newcomer helps with that.
 
Considering most people know of Timothy Busfield for his role of Danny Concannon, I'd say he'd definitely qualify as a Winger. He's arguably one of the most important recurring characters.
 
there is no such thing as too many West Wingers.

And I am the minority here I realise. I dont like Joshua at all. I dont think he can act. And please dont flame me for this. Ppl are intitled to their own opinions. I have seen him in several projects. thanks but no thanks. Dont get me wrong I will watch studio 60 just like I watch the west wing. Him being in it will not sway me either way.

And for those of us who did watch the Wing since the pilot and wont stop watching it until May 14th... Danny (tim) is a very important character.
 
I'm all for the return of a Sorkin/Malina team up. Malina has been on west wing, but came in AFTER Sorkin left. So it should be better to see him work under Sorkin again.
 
As with Kevin Smith or Stephen Soderbergh, I have no problem whatsoever with Aaron Sorkin's 'nepotism'. Especially when it comes to Josh Malina.
 
C) None of the Above
Joshua Malina is a superb actor, watching eps of the West Wing and Sports Night relatively closely prove his range and talent. And as far as their being too many West Wingers lined up for the show, who better to read from another Sorkin script than actors who already have experience with Sorkin's genius.
 
I think it should be illegal for Sorkin to do a show WITHOUT Malina. Hell, bring back Sabrina Lloyd too.
 
Bring back Malina!!!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?