Sunday, March 12, 2006

RELATED NEWS: Well, it's been a long time coming, but today's the day.


Tonight: The Cold (7.13)

On Wednesday, September 22, 1999 the world first said "Hello" to them. Many of us were watching when that happened, many of us missed it but have since watched.

For the past seven years we've watched as they've become closer, relied on each other, gotten into relationships with the wrong people, been jealous from afar and prayed as the one they loved fought for their life. We've laughed with them, we've cried with them. All the while knowing and hoping that this day would come.

Well come it has: Sunday, March 12, 2006. Joshua Lyman and Donnatella Moss will share the first kiss and finally begin their final journey, which will put them together.

Thank you Bradley Whitford and Janel Moloney for creating these characters we care so much. Thank you Aaron Sorkin and yes, you too John Wells, for creating the situations to put them in. Thank you Marlee Matlin, Mark Feurstein, Mary-Louise Parker, Christian Slater and Jason Isaacs for giving us reason to fret that maybe it won't happen after all.

We've got less than three hours people.* Saddle up.

*Three hours in which I suggest you all rewatch your three Josh and Donna episodes of choice (Might I suggest 17 People, Holy Night and Gaza?).

Comments:
Oh, come on hippo. These are two cute kids who are supposed to be together. Josh and Joey had a litle flirtation in Season 1, but this particular Beach Boys song is definitely dedicated to Josh and Donna.
 
Sorry if I'm being a kill joy, but I have a request to make: please don't make west wing updates here. I'm a die hard west wing fan, but I live in Portugal, and here we are still in season 5 - I have seen 1 to 6 on the dvd, but, obviously, not 7. I avoid every west wing site I find so that no one spoils the surprises for me. This is a rather harmless news, but I don't wanna come here waiting to know how the pilot shooting is going and find out who the next president is gonna be :) I'm really looking forward for studio 60 on the sunset strip and I have been, so far, loving this blog. Please don't make be afraid to login. Thanks for enduring this long-winded comment - your pal from Portugal - Quedas "O Bravo"
 
You know, you're right, I shouldn't be spoiling West Wing for non-Americans, I guess I just thought 'cause of Brad, Tim and Aaron it still sort of counted. I'll either not post about the West Wing, or find some sort of spoiler tags to block it from people who don't want to see it.
 
I know that this isn't the place for West Wing Obsession, but do you know the name of that Billie Holiday song at the end of The Cold?
 
Found it. For anyone who's curious, it's "Body and Soul" by Billie Holiday
 
Hate to be a killjoy, but are we 100% on "Joshua Lyman and Donnatella Moss will share the first kiss and finally begin their final journey, which will put them together"? I am not well-versed in spoilers (though not averse to reading them once in a while) but is it a sure thing that they will end up together? I mean there was the Whitford comment on "spending the day in bed with a beautiful naked woman" or whatever the hell it was, but does that necessarily preclude all other whatevers?

Now that I read back what I wrote, I realize that yeah, they probably will end up together. Or else the writers will be lynched. A huge crowd will storm the John Wells Productions offices, and the building will be burned down.
 
Hurrah for the lead up - but as is apparent after tonites ep - it is not ALL going to be about our favorite shippers... so keep your pants on people...

Elizabeth
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?