Thursday, March 30, 2006

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a Wes!


Judd Hirsch, current star of CBS' Numb3rs and most famous for his role on 70's sitcom Taxi, is supposedly playing the key role of Wes Mendell in the pilot episode. There is no official confirmation in the press, but as he was witnessed playing the role by someone on the set, it is currently being taken as true, at least by this blog.

Wes' was the last major role to be cast, and now all we really need to find out, casting-wise, is who is to be playing Wilson White.

Thoughts? Comments? Share them here.

Comments:
I agree. But I was always of the "Wes is on the older side" school of thought.

As for his minimal appearances... I think if Wes was to be a frequent appearer Sorkin would have gone with someone else. So, I think by design we wouldn't be seeing much of Wes.
 
Which saddens me.

He's remarkably developed for only being in the pilot. Yes, I know, that's kind of the point, but still. I'm fond of him.
 
Hm. Well, as others have stated, it looks like Judd won't be doing too much of the show then. I saw the position as being 50-60 ish age wise, and Judd could work.

Another interesting name would have been Hal Linden.
 
Slightly off-topic but: Does anyone else start singing the theme song to "Dear John" when they hear about or see Judd Hirsch?

Just me?

Okay, cool. Heh.
 
wilson white is ed asner...100% confirmation
 
I can't believe that a beautifully crafted show like
Studio 60 is being ignored by the Industry. I ask the question...who is squeezing what? This is a savvy, slightly edgy, insightful show. Expertly written, directed with elan and the cast fits like a glove. I wish you a long run and much deserved accolades
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?